1. Cloverleaf Studio is located in Austin, Texas, but most of our clients are outside the city and state; working long-distance is not a problem. Once we've talked about your project and worked out the basic design specifications, we can send all kinds of material samples—swatches of leather, cloth, paper, etc.—and actual samples of bindings or boxes as well.
2. Cloverleaf Studio DOES NOT OFFER BOOK REPAIR or restoration services of any kind. (We're sorry, but NO BIBLE REPAIR.) And because repair and restoration are not our fields of expertise and we are unfamiliar with the services offered by others, we do not make recommendations of other binders.
We make protective enclosures for rare & fragile books, but aside from mylar wrappers we do not offer any kind of services to alter the books themselves.
3. Cloverleaf Studio has a $200.00 minimum, which does not include state sales tax or shipping & handling.
4. All the work we do at Cloverleaf Studio is custom-ordered, i.e. no "off the shelf" items. We do not have an inventory of "standard" boxes, blank books, photo albums, etc., but we're certainly happy to talk about producing those.
5. BOOK BOXES: One of our specialties is protective boxes for rare and fragile books. If you have books that you would like to have boxed, there are two ways to proceed:
a. You can send the books to our studio. The advantage of this approach is that we can be certain of a proper fit for each box and we can match more precisely the materials and label typography to the book. If you are anxious about having your valuable books out of your possession, we can quickly take measurements, choose materials and make type decisions, and then return your books immediately, sometimes the same day we receive them.
b. You can measure your books yourself and send us the measurements. Our preference is metric, but of course we can work with US measurements too. Please call for tips about measuring and deciding upon texts for spine and/or front board labels.